Please feel free to share this blog with your friends! All comments welcome!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Obama's Closing Statement


In closing the October 22, 2012 debate President Obama said – now you have a choice, we’ve made real progress digging out of policies that have given us 2 prolonged wars, record deficits and the worst economic situation since the Great Depression and Romney wants to take us back to those polices, a foreign policy that’s wrong and reckless, economic policies that won’t create jobs or reduce our deficit but will ensure that those at the top won’t have to play by the same rules as you do, I’ve got a different vision for America, I want to build on our strengths and I put forward a plan that will bring manufacturing jobs back to our shores by rewarding companies and small businesses that are investing here, not overseas, I want to make sure that we have the best education system in the world and we’re retaining our workers for the jobs of tomorrow, I want to control our own energy, yes by developing oil and gas, but also the energy sources of the future, I want to reduce our deficit by cutting spending we don’t need but also by asking the wealthy to give a little bit more so we can invest in things like research and technology that are the key to a 21st century economy, as Commander-in-Chief I will maintain the strongest military in the world – keep faith with our troops and go after those that would do us harm but after a decade of war I think we should recognize that we have to do some nation building here at home – roads and bridges and especially in caring for our veterans that sacrificed so much for our freedom; we’ve been through some tough times but we always bounce back because of our character because we always pull together; if I have the privilege of being your President for another 4 years I promise I will always listen to you voices, I will fight for your families and I will work every single day to make sure that America continues to be the greatest nation on earth.
The President’s closing was heartfelt, honest, and made me wonder what it is that people are not hearing. The only things I can guess is 1) the rich have a hold on employees – voter intimidation stories began to air in 2010, companies were telling employees that if they voted for Obama they would get laid off; 2) Fox News twists and leaves out much of the truth that their viewers are brainwashed; 3) Voter ID laws in Republican governed states are hindering some people from voting; and 4) people have become so self-centered that anything that goes against their personal view is more important than upholding our Constitution. This election could become America’s most embarrassing moment.    

No comments:

Post a Comment