Please feel free to share this blog with your friends! All comments welcome!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Obama on the Public's Misperception


The last question, #12, in the October 16, 2012 debate was – what is the biggest misperception that the American people have about you as a man and a candidate. President Obama said – I think over the last 4 years there’s a notion that I think government creates jobs and that’s not what I believe; I believe that the free enterprise system is the greatest engine of prosperity the world has ever known; I believe in self-reliance and individual initiative and risk takers should be rewarded but I also believe that everybody should have a fair shot; everybody should do their fair share and everybody should play by the same rules because that’s how economies grow and that’s how we built the world’s greatest middle class and that’s what is at stake in this election – it’s about how we fundamentally move our country forward. I believe Governor Romney is a good man – cares about his family and his faith but when he said behind closed doors that 47% of the country considers themselves victims, who refuse personal responsibility, think about who he was talking about - folks on Social Security who worked all their lives, veterans who sacrificed for this country, students who are out there trying to advance their dreams and this country’s dreams, soldiers who are fighting right now, people who are working hard every day-paying payroll taxes, gas taxes and don’t make enough; I fight for them, that’s what I’ve been doing the last 4 years because if they succeed I believe the country succeeds. When my grandfather came back from fighting in WW II and got a GI bill that let him go to college, that wasn’t a handout that was something that advanced the entire country and I want to make sure that the next generations have the same opportunity.
I don’t know what more people want from the President. Obama is trying to do what FDR and Clinton have done to save our country from capitalism. You have a man that wants the best for the majority, not the few, and he’s tried hard but has been stopped by the Republican agenda in Congress. This Congress is being called - the do nothing Congress – and needs to be fired to get us back on track with our Constitution - not the President.  

No comments:

Post a Comment